SBIDC operates Brooklyn’s Workforce 1 Industrial & Transportation Career Center (ITC), based at the Brooklyn Army Terminal, in affiliation with The New York City Department of Small Business Services and its Workforce 1 system. We provide free hiring assistance to employers across Brooklyn.
- Free recruitment services from a wide pool of candidates with different skills and levels of experience in industrial, manufacturing, and transportation-related areas
- Information on cost savings programs for local hiring
- Information on training programs that can help upskill your existing workforce, as well as new employees
- Seminars to help your company optimize its own human resources
- Links to specialized training programs for your employees
- Ongoing support for your company’s human resource needs
Many of the residents in Sunset Park, Gowanus, and Red Hook, as well as neighborhoods across Brooklyn, look to SBIDC for employment at local industrial businesses. These residents have diverse backgrounds and a wide range of skills and experience. We pre-screen these potential applicants for job readiness to ensure quality job performance, which ultimately saves employers time and money. We are also available for assistance once an employee is hired, and are happy to connect you with training programs offered by the City and other local organizations.
If you have any available positions, please fill out the following form with your contact information and a brief description of the job you are looking to fill. A member of the SBIDC Workforce 1 team will get back to you shortly.
JOB ORDER FORM
What our Local Community is Saying
The types of jobs found on our industrial waterfront provide essential opportunities for new immigrants and many others who call Sunset Park home.
Chief Executive Officer, Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow
SBIDC is playing a critical role in the rebirth of the industrial sector in Sunset Park by ensuring that the sector is a source of good jobs for neighborhood residents, and that companies have the resources to be environmentally compatible and cost competitive.
Executive Director, Pratt Center for Community Development
SBIDC has played a crucial role in connecting residents to our growing industries, in building partnerships to protect our waterfront and in providing benefits to the wider community.
District Manager, Community Board 7