The Southwest Brooklyn Industrial Development Corporation (SBIDC) is proud to offer an exciting opportunity to join an organization that works at the intersection of economic development, workforce development, direct service, and advocacy in three of the most dynamic neighborhoods in New York City.
SBIDC was founded in 1978 as a nonprofit, business membership organization to advocate for and provide services to small businesses in Sunset Park, Red Hook and Gowanus. SBIDC also helps residents secure and maintain good jobs. In partnership with New York City, SBIDC manages the Southwest Brooklyn Industrial Business Zone (IBZ) and Brooklyn Workforce1 Industrial and Transportation Career Center.
SBIDC is seeking an Office Manager to help us coordinate operations: manage office workflow and its vendor relationships; support our membership services program; conduct light bookkeeping; and support the Executive Director and staff in with everyday administrative tasks.
Manage office workflow
- Serve as main reception for calls and guests
- Oversee procurement process of services for office and events
- Maintain office supplies and coordinate equipment upkeep
- Help implement office policies
- Onboard new hires – coordinate paperwork and orient team member to SBIDC and its operations
Support SBIDC Business Membership Services
- Help maintain and improve communication with SBIDC members
- Maintain SBIDC’s Customer Relationship Management(CRM) software and update data;
- Process all new members
- Create invoices for renewals
- Complete, mail, and file bills, policies, invoices, or checks
- Scan all invoices and bills into Bill.com system for payments
- Maintain physical and digital filing system for all bills, checks, invoices, policies, and contracts
- Maintain and update organization documents necessary for City, State and Federal contracts
- Support Executive Director with all audit requests including retrieving contract information for both digital and physical files
- Schedule meetings
- Draft correspondence
- Provide support for SBIDC board of directors meetings
- Proofread contracts, reports, marketing materials
Skills and Qualifications:
- Three years experience as an Office manager or Administrative Assistant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular) and familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Doodle Polling and Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- 2 year experience with a CRM system (entering data, running reports, building reports)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- High School degree or High School Equivalency
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Southwest Brooklyn resident a plus
SBIDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary is commensurate with experience and SBIDC offers health coverage and 403b benefits.
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to via email to Workforce1Brooklyn@sbidc.org at Southwest Brooklyn Industrial Development Corporation (SBIDC). Please include Office Manager in the subject line.